Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prom Season!

I just sent out the Evite for my 40th Birthday Prom! I've been talking about it for so long that it's exciting to finally see it in the works! I decided on "Pretty in Pink" for the theme - lots of pink decorations and cupcakes and hopefully a pink poofy dress. My perfect dress has yet to be found. The style I'm looking for tends to be 1950's pre-pubescent teenage size - not 40 year old lady who has had a kid size. Hopefully I will find it in the next 3 weeks!

Here is my prom picture circa 1986. I still have the dress but alas, it doesn't quite fit anymore...it's close but not quite.
I forced my date, Chris Wysocki, to rent that silver and black leopard print tux jacket so he would match me. So fantastic! Notice his purple socks and custom painted shoes!

Here is my husband Greg's prom picture...I think it is from 1985. He looks so baby faced!

And here is the photo-shopped version of me at the prom with Greg that I used for the Evite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that dress! you need to wear it!

Eva said...

Hi,

My name is Eva, and I'm the editor of the Evite blog (blog.evite.com). We write about party ideas (themes, recipes, etc.), and I'd love to interview you about your birthday prom.

If you're interested, please contact me at eva@evite.com. By the way, I LOVE your dress and matching gloves. So! Cool!