Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Chair Affair

The Chair Affair is a fantastic event where over 50 local artists design / decorate found chairs then auction them off to benefit The Community Warehouse - an organization that collects and distributes used furniture and household items to individuals in need. I am excited to be one of the participating artists for the second year!
Most of the chairs will be on display through April 17th when the auction takes place. Come see me and my chair at tonight's First Thursday reception.

April 3rd
6-8pm
at The Art Institute
1122 NW Davis
there will be beer, wine and some food

This is my chair.
I called it "Paradise", as it was inspired by the vintage tropical decor of the 30's and 40's which gave average homes the romance of an island getaway.
When I found the chair at the Community Warehouse it was covered with horrid 80's southwestern patterned fabric. I rescued it from that awful fate and re-covered it with a light green fabric that I Gocco printed with hibiscus blossoms and leaves then embellished with top stitching. Hope it goes to a good home!

No comments: