Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I'm back from a whirlwind weekend in San Francisco visiting my good friend Kelly P. and attending CraftCon. I had so much fun and am feeling inspired by all the panel discussions I sat in on.

The most exciting part was meeting all the crafty peeps and hearing about what they do in their own crafty lives. My favorite speaker was Garth from Extreme Craft who did a slide presentation and was wearing the craziest thrift store western shirt. Think mustard yellow floral with red faux fur and yellow rick rack. Amazing! He's coming to Portland to speak next month - I'll post details when the time comes.
Other cool folks I met were Callie from Church of Craft and Callie Co., Betsy from Craftivism, Jackie from Craft Gym, Nicole from Queen Puff Puff, Faythe Levine from Handmade Nation, Sara + Kim from Crafty Bastards, Katy from Katy Kristin and many, many more! Thanks to the organizers for putting together such a great event - can't wait for next year.

No comments: