Monday, March 24, 2008

Mick Jones Live and in Person!


Wow...I'm still high on the rush of seeing Mick Jones of The Clash live and in person last night at Lola's Room at the Crystal Ballroom here in Portland. He was performing with his new band Carbon/Silicon - they were pretty good - but it was just so fantastic to see Mick Jones up there singing and doing all his signature moves! I'm a huge Clash fan and really just went because I knew it was the closest I would ever get to seeing them live. I had a chance to see them live with The Police back in the 80's but the parents wouldn't let me go :(
As we arrived at the show and were walking up the sidewalk to the Crystal Ballroom my husband spotted Mr. Jones walking the other way and went up and shook his hand. Of course, I missed most of the interaction but turned around just in time to look stunned and speechless at one of my punk rock heroes. Dang. But I did have a good spot right up front and center at the show...with all the other old folks!
Strangely enough, X, which is my other absolute favorite band just happens to be playing at the Crystal Ballroom on Saturday. Can't wait to see them too!

No comments: