Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cracked Pots Recycled Garden Art Show

Today I took a trip out to Cracked Pots at McMenamin's Edgefield in Troutdale, OR (just outside Portland). I had been hearing about this show for years and was excited to finally make it out there. Plus, I had a few friends selling there so it was a chance to see new work by some of my favorite artists.
It's going on for one more day so head on out there if you feel inspired.

Cracked Pots
Wednesday, July 23rd * 1-8pm
at McMenamin's Edgefield
2126 SW Halsey St. Troutdale, OR 97060

My Fabulous friend Janet Julian never ceases to amaze me! She combines her painting talents with significant junk to create angels, icons and mermaids. These Madonnas were my faves.

Janet also made these fantastic angels out of old wood molding.

I loved these garden balls covered with marbles by Ta Dah.

My neighbor Tim of The Reclamation Project is a whiz with a router and makes these awesome giant wooden bugs and super cool carved wall plaques.

Suzanne from Mugwump had her usual assortment of fantastic oddities including these cool maket totes made from old place mats and tablecloths...

and these garden tea light holders made from vintage tart tins and knitting needles!

These amazing children's chairs were my favorite things from an artist I had never seen before...and can you believe I didn't get their information!? Dang! They were made with vintage metal advertisements and garden hoses. So fantastic!

1 comment:

Leafy Lizza said...

Thank you for the pictures. Wish I had been there too. Liz