Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back in the Swing.

After the holiday craziness and a much needed break from all things crafty, I am finally back in the swing of things and juggling several fabulous things that you need to know about...

BUCKMAN ART SHOW + SELL
While my son is no longer a student at Buckman, it remains the coolest elementary school in Portland! They provide an arts focused education for students in grades K thru 5 along with fostering an amazing community of families - can you tell that I miss it there???

This weekend they will host their 19th annual Art Show + Sell which features over 130 local artists and crafters selling their work along with (my favorite part) a student art gallery where you can scoop up original art by the kids themselves. I will be there selling my usual assortment of skirts, sweaters and tote bags but have also created some special embroidered pieces for the occasion. Come on down and get yourself some fantastic handmade goods while also supporting arts education in our public schools!

CRAFTY WONDERLAND IS BACK!
Yes, Crafty Wonderland started back up with monthly shows at Doug Fir Lounge in February but I wasn't quite recovered enough to actually blog about it...but now I am!

Portland's favorite monthly event is back better than ever with another assortment of 40 vendors selling their amazing handmade goods. Plus the fabulous Jen Neitzel from DIY Lounge will be there helping folks make memory books at the free DIY table.

Crafty Wonderland
Portland's Monthly Art + Craft Extravaganza!
The Second Sunday of every month
at Doug Fir Lounge
830 E. Burnside in Portland
11am - 4pm
ALL AGES + FREE ADMISSION!
details and a full vendor list at:
http://www.craftywonderland.com/

While you may be sick of hearing all about the awful economy, I need to stress that it is more important than ever to support local business. We are all cutting back on spending but lets try to be conscious of where our dollars are going and support small business during this tough time. They need us!

I've got a few other cool projects in the making so stay tuned for details...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the benefit info! My mom, sis and I are visiting Portland next weekend and will try to squeeze this in during our visit. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay the return of Stitch and Destroy!