Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School!

This little blog has suffered a bit while I enjoyed what was left of Summer vacation. It was a strange and wonderful last week of summer culminating with my son heading off to his first day of middle school. How am I suddenly old enough to have a middle-schooler!? Seems like not that long ago I was bringing him to his first day of pre-school. I think I was more nervous than he was as I dropped him off at his first class and he paused at the door looking for a familiar face in the sea of 6th, 7th and 8th grade strangers. Yikes! He ended up having a fantastic day at an awesome school that I wish I could attend. His two electives for this first semester are Visual Art and African Drumming. Wow!

My neighbor gave us the idea for a "Week of Fun" to close out the Summer. The week started off with a trip to The Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, Washington - a pimped out hotel that houses an indoor water park, arcade, gift shop, spa, restaurants and more. You get the picture...it's crazy over the top but oh-so-much-fun.

Because water and cameras don't mix, I didn't get any photos of the water park...but here is a shot of the animated tree house in the lobby. It comes to life several times a day and that freaky boy doll pokes his head out of the tree stump and tells you a story. Yes, it's as creepy as it looks.

The week of fun also included a movie, ice cream, pizza, a trip to the circus and bowling. What would a week of fun be without bowling?

And speaking of bowling...have I mentioned how much I love Barack Obama?

And how much I distrust John McCain?
It's going to be a hard campaign but hopefully good will win out over evil.

Summer's over - time to get back to work!

No comments: